We use personal information of Users for a variety of purposes which have a final and main objective the best possible service delivery to both language learners and language tutors.
Examples of where and how we use data for non-marketing purposes include:
- Facilitating language lessons between students and tutors
- Listing tutor profile information for public view by existing and potential language learners
- Adjusting or improving our services through usage trends
- Enabling effective communication with active users of our services
- Maintaining the security of our system
- Answering questions submit to us by existing registered users
- Defending our legal rights
- Prevention of fraud etc.
We always carefully plan what data to collect and how we use it. Our key principle is that we will collect and process data in ways which Users would expect within the framework of Onlingo service. If we will contact any User for marketing reasons, this will be done on the basis of User consent(opt in) , and a User is free to opt out any time.
The opt out can be done by sending an email with this request to our Support team.
Even though we take appropriate technical steps to protect User data , we cannot and do not provide any guarantees 100% to prevent third parties from acting unlawfully and obtaining information of Users. By using Onlingo services Users acknowledge that they use the website at their own risk.
Onlingo utilizes Verisign encryption technology to ensure the protection of Users’ financial details whilst completing transactions.
All users consent to the monitoring of Users’ communication, in order to:
- protect the integrity and security of our Services and platform,
- to protect Users from abuse, and
- to detect any attempts of fraud
We store personal data for as long as is necessary:
- in order to achieve the purposes we collected it for;
- as required by law; or
- to enforce or defend legal processes
Registered Users of Onlingo may ask the Support team at any time to stop collecting their personal information and request that we delete any information we have already collected. However, such requests may result in termination of the access to and use of the Onlingo Services.
Often, some of our Users are non adults, school children. For this purpose we give it additional attention to the matter of these non adult Users , as we describe below.
We inform and obtain consent from a parent or legal guardian before collecting and using, any personal information collected from a child. We take children’s privacy seriously, and we encourage parents to take an active role in protecting their children’s privacy and online experience at all times.
Prior to logging a child into Onlingo site, the parent or legal guardian is informed about the child’s intention to register at Onlingo. The parent or legal guardian also must consent , by confirming an email sent by Onlingo, to the collection of personal information from the child.
After a parent is informed, we collect personal information from the child both directly and automatically. More specifically:
- A child may edit his or her personal informaton in which case we collect that information directly from the child.
- We collect video records of the child’s sessions with tutors, as well as messages between the child and the tutor.
- We assign to each child’s account a User ID, which is an internal number that we use to track information associated with the account and the child’s activity.
- We also collect usage information, such as when, how often, and for how long the child uses our website, as well as such information as the child’s “clicks” and pages viewed when using the website. If you choose to block or delete cookies, certain features of the website may not operate correctly.
We do not sell children’s personal information, and we do not share or disclose children’s personal information for marketing purposes, including to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
The tutor, through his or her own tutor account, will be able to review the child’s learning and offer feedback. Children also can communicate directly with tutors outside a video chat session such as through direct text messages through our Onlingo Live service.
We also encourage parents or legal guardians to log in to their child’s account to view the child’s activities and progress.
Parents or legal guardians may also ask Onlingo Support team at any time to stop collecting their child’s personal information and request that we delete any information we have already collected. However, such requests may result in termination of the child’s access to and use of the Onlingo Services.
To protect children’s privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify a parent or legal guardian’s identity before granting access to any children’s personal information.
After two years of inactivity, all personal information collected from a child will be automatically deleted from our active servers.
Children’s personal information will remain in our backup servers for a period of two weeks from the date of any deletion request by parents or legal guardian , after which it will be deleted and cannot be restored.